Monday, October 29, 2007

Lots of stuff

Wow! I'm so behind. It's amazing how easy it is to get backed up with everything when you're gone for a few days. My house is a disaster! We ended up having a great time in Minneapolis. We spent most of the day on Saturday in Stillwater. It was just beautiful up there...the leaves were gorgeous. We got to eat at my favorite malt shop for lunch and then got to check out the coolest shop - The Rose Mille. I got some of the most beautiful colors of vintage German glass glitter and some glassine bags. I was also inspired to make a project hopefully in the near future. We checked into our hotel and ended up getting a free upgrade to the club level. Our room was really nice! We went to the Mall of American so we could eat at Ruby Tuesday's - yum! I was so stuffed! We did a little shopping and then headed back to our hotel for the night.

Sunday morning we went to the fitness center and spent some time in the pool and hot tub. I haven't been swimming in a long time so it was really fun to just hang out and relax. We ended up going back to the mall and ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp = yum! We had their shrimp sampler platter. Glen hung out at Barne's and Noble doing some computer work while I shopped by myself. I had the best time and got lots of cute things. I got some Christmas shopping done too. My best buy of the day was at Nordstrom Rack. I got my sisters the best Christmas gifts there - we're all going to match! :) After the mall, we stopped by the hotel to drop off my purchases and then headed downtown. It was so crazy busy that we ended up having an appetizer and beer at Applebee's because it was all we had time for. So You Think You Can Dance was AWESOME! Our seats were pretty good and the lighting effects for each dance were awesome! I was so glad that we went...my favorite dance of the whole season was the flower and the hummingbird and of course, they did that one! I loved a lot of the Latin dances the best!

Our trip home was rather uneventful. We did stop at the outlet mall and found some good buys at Old Navy. We got home around 2:00 today. I woke up feeling like I have a cold coming on so when we got home I ended up taking a nap. I'm just tired and achy right now. I don't have much of an update on baby Eve. She's still hanging in there so thanks for your prayers. I hope to make it over to Iowa City later this week.

I did get some good news on Friday! Simple Scrapbooks wants another layout for their March/April issue! I'm excited because it's a fun one about a girls' night out this summer = pedicures! :)

Have a good week! I've got a lot on my plate right now! Oh, and I almost forgot!!!!! Our preliminary adoption application was accepted today! Our next step is the formal application...I've already started filling it out the information online. We might even be able to get it done this weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs