Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sparkles and Provision



Yumm-o! I am a HUGE fan of glitter on my crafting projects. In fact, it's common around my house to find a sparkle or two on both Glen and me (which he absolutely hates!) HA! I just laugh at him when he starts ranting about my glitter use. He probably gets strange looks when he goes to work all sparkly! Using a lovely 40% off couple at Michael's, this gem was recently added to my scrap stash. The colors match my hoard of patterned papers quite well. I used two of the colors on my card below and can't wait to play with this some more.

My hubby and I have been working through a 2-week devotional from Stephen Curtis Chapman's adoption organization called Shaohannah's Hope. Last night's devotion was really good - all about obedience to God. There was one line in particular that rang true for me - "Where God guides, He always provides." How true is that???!!! If life worked out how we wanted it, Glen and I would already have two biological children. But for whatever reason, He has guided us along the path of adoption and at this point in my life I couldn't imagine NOT being on THIS path. Back when I started scrapbooking over 5 years ago, I never would have imagined God using that passion to make a profile about us for a birth mother to look through. And I know Glen never thought when he pursued a career in video production in college that he would be creating a video for our birth mother to watch. When I first found out we would have to do a scrapbook and video, I thought "Wow! God really has a sense of humor! This is what we DO!" And now as we're working through the financial burden of this adoption process, we're trusting that God is going to provide for us. And when all is said and done, we'll be able to say "Look at what God did!" How cool is that?!

Enjoy your day! :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm just starting to get into glitter, too!!! ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just have to tell you again...you and your husband will be in our prayers as you continue through the adoption process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I have that one too - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping and praying for you on this wonderful path towards adoption. You will be awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing some of your story of going through the adoption process. You are very inspiring and I will be praying for you and your soon to be child.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs