Monday, February 22, 2010

Greatest Love

I think this layout might possibly be my favorite layout I have EVER made. I love it that much. Seriously. I cried over the thing. I used the lovely "Seaside Cottage" kit from NoelMignon.com 

I took the Jenni Bowlin diecut paper and cut out the center of it and then retraced it on cardstock to get a template that I could build my patterned paper pieces on. I cut random bits of patterned paper (Prima, Webster's Pages, Making Memories, MME), inked the edges and then layered them and trimmed the edges. I machine stitched around the edge and then re-assembled the diecut with my paper pieced background. The little hearts are cut from KI Memories diecut paper and backed with vintage dictionary pages. The pearls are from Melissa Frances. I placed the Hambly doily rub-on (LOVE THESE) on kraft cardstock and cut out. My journaling strips are wrapped with Martha Stewart baker's twine. 

The quote says "Born not of my flesh, but born in my heart. You were longed for and prayed for and loved from the start."

My journaling: Girls, I was a mother in my heart long before I was a mother in my arms. All along while my heart ached so desperately for a baby, God was whispering, "Not yet." It was only so He could bring me the two of you. Every moment with you is a gift and I will never forget that. Isaiah 61: 3 says: "He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair." I am so blessed with a full heart and full arms and wouldn't change a thing.







Well, my weekend went differently than I had planned. We ended up staying put instead of heading to my parent's house. It started snowing Friday and wouldn't quit and I refuse to take my girls out when it's that bad. We're going to try again this coming weekend and maybe even leave on Thursday. My family came to visit us instead on Saturday and Glen's parents came for a visit Sunday.

I better get moving. I have a yummy potato soup cooking in the crock pot but I have dishes and laundry staring me in the face. Time to play house wife! :)

Enjoy your day! :)

1 comment:

  1. don't you love it when you finish one you think..oh yeah baby that one is to die for...i love when that happens and i love everything about this layout....the soft colors are perfect with that kit...

    hope ya'll get to feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs