Thursday, March 03, 2011

Make a Wish!

(Please look at the posts below for stamp sets and items for sale!)

Good morning, friends! I'm back with another layout using an older Noel kit, "Lemonade Stand." This time I created a layout of my two cuties' 1st birthday. It was perfect for the new challenge up at Scrap That Baby. I have so many birthday photos that I still want to scrap - they are going to be 2 in two months so I better get cracking! :) For this layout, the photos I had were not the best - the lighting is horrible is my kitchen so I ran a "Seventies" style Photo Shop action on them and that matched well with the shabby chic look I was going for. 

I used a piece of Prima patterned paper for my base (I loved the pink design in the corners). 


For the title, I painted behind the Thickers to help them stand out a little more. 


I cut the number "1" out of Crate Paper patterned paper using my Cricut and the Plantain Schoolbook cartridge. I layered the "1" with a paper doily, Making Memories flower, Jenni Bowlin button and Making Memories twine (all in the kit except the doily). 


And for this corner, I used a 7gypsies tag, Basic Grey brad, Elle's Studio tag and Making Memories flower. 


We're still teething like crazy over here. Poor little Miss Lily has had a low grade fever all week and a rash all over and her gums are just hot and swollen. I feel so bad. Hopefully her teeth will be through soon! 

I'm so happy it's March! Time for spring! It was a beautiful, sunny day here yesterday but the sun was deceptive as it was still pretty cold. And now today is cloudy and gloomy. Oh well. These days make me appreciate the sunny ones that much more! :)

Have a great day! :)



4 comments:

  1. Tracey Rhodes5:04 PM

    Beautiful, Jill! Those girlies get cuter everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful indeed! Love the doily embellishment. Thanks for Scrapping that Baby! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page Jill, your girls are adorable.

    I love the embellishment you made wiht the doilie, button and the number 1.

    Melanie (Scrap that baby!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful! i love the girly details

    thanks for playing with us at scrap that baby

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs