Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sunday Night Popcorn

Good morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day! :) Today I have a new layout to share using the Noel Mignon "Delightfully Domestic" kit (sold out!) and some very recent photos of my girls enjoying one of our favorite family traditions, Sunday Night Popcorn! Since I was a little girl, my family has had the tradition of eating popcorn on Sunday nights. As I grew up, it became supper on Sunday nights and continues to be supper for my husband and me. (I give my girls a full meal, of course, and then they get popcorn for dessert). I think the tradition came about because popcorn was just something easy to make before the start of the work and school week. I love my popcorn and I'm excited the girls are old enough now that they can partake and enjoy! 

My girls were in pink and purple for these photos so I pulled out pink and grey from the kit. I used a little antique silver Maya Mist (from the Very Virginia kit) on the My Mind's Eye paper I used for the background. 


For the title, I used a My Mind's Eye label sticker, alphabet stickers from Sassafras Lass (in the store) and American Crafts thickers from my stash. I love that grey flower by Maya Road. 


I love the new Jenni Bowlin flag stickers (in the store) and created a little embellishment cluster. The Crate Paper button is also in the kit. 


Here I layered a Cosmo Cricket doily and Crate Paper button with a little Martha Stewart twine bow. 


Have a great day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Jill, eating popcorn must be an Iowa thing. One of my friends here in Idaho, grew up in Tipton, IA. I remember her telling me that their Sunday night dinner was popcorn! What a lovely tradition.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this layout! The girls are getting so big! great work.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs