Thursday, March 08, 2012

Webster's Pages: The Joys of Girls Mini Album

This week on the Webster's Pages blog, we are spotlighting "Mini Album Madness". Today I have a teeny tiny brag book to share with you using the "Sunday Picnic" collection. The mini album is an older 4" Jenni Bowlin album I had in my stash. I chose to create a brag book of some of my favorite photos of the girls from last spring. A brag book is such a fun project to create for grandma or other family members. I also have a little technique to share using my latest obsession - vellum!


For the cover, I punched some shapes - a doily, a starburst and some butterflies in a variety of sizes.


Then I traced the cover of the album on a sheet of vellum, cut it out and machine stitched the vellum to the cover with the punched shapes trapped beneath. 


Here's a close-up of the finished cover. I love the subtle color and texture with the vellum and punched shapes.


I kept the rest of the design of the album pages very simple using punches (I picked up a couple new doily punches recently that I LOVE - Martha Stewart and EK Success at JoAnn's).







Thanks for looking today! :)

1 comment:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs