Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Simple Stories: Merry Memories Album

Hello Simple Stories friends! Today, I am sharing my "Merry Memories" album with you all. This is a photo-heavy post so sit back and enjoy! I approach the concept of a December Daily album very differently. The thought of creating a page for each day of December stresses me out! And there are some days where we do A LOT especially close to Christmas. So instead, I create my album based on 31 memories during the month of December. I have one page for each memory/tradition and go from there. I created my album using one of the red Sn@p 6x8 binders, the December Documented collection and the Christmas Sn@p sets.



I cut the trees and present out of one of the transparencies to decorate my cover. The base is a sheet of the black "chalkboard" basics that I cut down to fit and then embellished the centers of the snowflakes with rhinestones. I also adhered some of the stickers and chipboard to the cover. I did add a stronger adhesive to these pieces because the cover will be handled the most.


On the inside, I adhered one of the December Documented pockets to serve as a catch all for memorabilia or Christmas cards we receive. I use the three chipboard divider pages in the album to seperate days 1-10, 11-20 and 21-31. The divider pages serve as a nice break and it's a good place to put additional photos or journaling if needed. This year I took the die-cut Sn@p pages and made pockets with vellum and sequins behind the sheets. Then I adhered the sheets to the chipboard divider.


I always like to start my album with our family Christmas photo so that is what will go on page 1. As you can see, I set the pages up very simply with a number, Sn@p cards and sometimes patterned paper in each page protector. 



I like to break the album up by using the page protectors, the insert pages and the Sn@p pages as well.






Here is another divider page with the die-cut page, vellum pocket and sequins.








And here is the final divider page...








I always like to include a summary of the holiday season and I do so on the final page.


I hope you enjoyed looking through my base pages. I actually think I am going to use this album for 2010 because I have plans to create another album for 2013 with a kit from Gossamer Blue. 2010 is the one year that I didn't get a chance to create an album since the girls were born. I love how this one turned out so I am anxious to start filling it with photos and journaling! 

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:18 PM

    The album is seriously amazing!! I really love everything about it! It looks great!

    I'm so impressed that you're all ready on top of December!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs