Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Gossamer Blue: Happy 4th

Good morning! Today I have one more layout to share with the January Gossamer Blue kit. I was especially inspired to focus on the red and blue and scrapbook our 4th of July parade photos. We have an amazing tradition in my small town and there isn't anywhere else we would rather spend the 4th. Our parade is a wonderful way to celebrate our freedom and it's important to me to document that each year. As you can imagine, I had a lot of photos and managed to fit 11 of them on this layout along with a lot of journaling that I slid into a Simple Stories pocket.


The Studio Calico Printshop collection and its text patterned paper makes a great background. To help the bright colors pop, I used black cardstock as the base. I also made use of the cut files this month and cut "happy" as my title from the 6x6 Simple Stories paper pad. 



The cut file star was another part of my inspiration to do a 4th of July layout this month. I added embellishments here and there - flair, die-cuts and more!


On the second page, I embellished the largest Simple Stories pocket with more stars, a chipboard color wheel and flair. 



Finally, for my journaling this month I used one of the Gossamer Blue exclusive cards and a Simple Stories 4x6 card to adhere the October Afternoon chipboard speech bubbles. The bubbles gave me a unique format to add more details about the holiday and what it means to our family. 



Thanks for stopping by today! :)

2 comments:

  1. The colours on here are fantastic!! Everything really pops on the black!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you did those little speech bubbles!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs