Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Gossamer Blue: Our Easter

Good morning! Today I have one more layout to share with you featuring the March Gossamer Blue kits and this is one of my favorite two-page layouts I have created in awhile. This month I created a tone-on-tone layout with pops of bright color for spring. We love celebrating Easter by coloring Easter eggs, going through our baskets, going to church and eating a big Sunday dinner and then following up with an Easter egg hunt in our backyard. This layout highlights our entire celebration.

I found a set of Easter eggs in the Silhouette online store and cut them out with kraft cardstock. I created the tone-on-tone effect by using kraft cardstock as my background. I used a variety of patterned paper (mostly from the main kit) on the back of the cut outs on the eggs. I love the gold foil paper in this month’s kits and used that as well on one of the stripes and the polka dots. I embellished with wood veneer and chipboard butterflies, stickers, twine and brads.


 I printed a couple of my photos smaller than wallet size and stacked them on a 3×4 card from the Life Pages kit.


Finally, I also found a fun Easter egg border in the Silhouette store and cut it out with kraft cardstock. I backed all of the eggs with patterned papers as I did on the first page and embellished the flower eggs with enamel dots and brads.


Hope you all have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!! I just adore this page!! The eggs look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs